Saturday, January 9, 2010

The end is in sight, but this here is a beginning.

Dear intrepid internet explorer,
This 'blog has been created to keep track of useful resources for preservice and current teachers in elementary school. Though its initial purpose is to be something I can point at for my Master's program to say, "see! Lookit all the stuff I found this week!"

Eventually this will morph into my 'blog I'll use when I'm teaching, see the clever naming practice? That's right. I go by Ms. Chaney, so I called this 'blog by that name, partially because that will make it easy for my future students to find, and partially because there were no iterations of my first name available for use that I was willing to use.

The first things you'll find on this site are links to science websites, and probably musings about pedagogical practices.

A little about me; I am a preservice teacher in my last year of my Master in Teaching program at The Evergreen State College. I love the Puget Sound area. I ride my bike a lot, and generally enjoy things like gardening, cooking and eating the results of both. I have chickens, and a cat. I greatly enjoy teaching, and I hope to teach somewhere between 3rd and 5th grade once I'm honest to goodness working as a teacher instead of just practicing.

Jen Chaney

No comments:

Post a Comment